Advice needed!

AbangLongDil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Singapore
Hey guys, recently my uncle bought a 6 footer tank and he thought of having some monsters in it. Being the good nephew i am(lol jk :D) i actually offered to give him my channa micropeltes. He is a little over 1 feet long and has been with me since last october so i felt its time to let him go and introduce fresh fins into my 4ft tank as im thinking of going for smaller fishes.

Now the thing is, how do i actually take him out the tank and deliver it all? The last time I tried fishing him out with a net to transfer him into his new 4ft tank he jumped up alot and was pretty vigorous amd it really worried me. He even injured his head abit ay the time, so i do not want him to injure himself again(and myself for that matter) so i need to know the best method to get him out of the tank. I heard that the use of clove oil to sedate fishes is effective for this matter. Is it true?

please help me someone!:(

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
Don't chase it around the tank with a net that's just added stress and greater chance for injury. I went to my LFS asked for large bags. Put the bag in the water and use the net to gently heard the fish into the bag. If you go slow and have patience you can cause little stress and no jumping or thrashing around. IMO this seems to be the safest way for you and your fish.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
How big is this fish?
If the new tank is in your house I would wrap the fish in a damp towell and have a friend there to catch it just incase it tries to wiggle out of your arms. If the tank is in someone else's house (driving distance) I'd put it in a big plastic bin or container.

Grinch

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
NJ
Put your finger in the tank and wiggle it. Once the fish is attached to you, gently pick him up and place him in a bucket. Be sure to have medical supplies handy.

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
How big is this fish?
If the new tank is in your house I would wrap the fish in a damp towell and have a friend there to catch it just incase it tries to wiggle out of your arms. If the tank is in someone else's house (driving distance) I'd put it in a big plastic bin or container.
Why are you asking the size? Does anyone read posts in there entirety? He clearly states the size.

AbangLongDil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Singapore
As i stated above, the fish is just over 1 feet long. Say about 40 cm? Well the tank is going to be in my uncles house, which is a 25 minute drive from my place...

AbangLongDil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Singapore
Don't chase it around the tank with a net that's just added stress and greater chance for injury. I went to my LFS asked for large bags. Put the bag in the water and use the net to gently heard the fish into the bag. If you go slow and have patience you can cause little stress and no jumping or thrashing around. IMO this seems to be the safest way for you and your fish.
Thats what i read from yahoo answers, but there the question applied to a person transfering his 5 yr old aro.... but i may give it a try. How big of a bag should i be gettin??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store