MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
I currently have a 265 gallon with - Florida Gar
Mono Pbass
Kelberi Pbass
2 Oscars
And a Severum

Thinking about selling my 2 big bass and just doing cichlids for a while or just something different. Just looking for ideas. What would you all do? Only fish that HAS to stay is the gar.
Thanks in advance!

Excuse the algae in the pic! ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1400469986.297809.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
Lol I know! I meant like CA/SA Cichlids not Cichla. I have 2 small Kelberi and a Xingu growing out in my 120 just the big guys are getting kind of annoying. The mono will only eat worms and the kel soaks me Everytime I walk into the room

LuluB916

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2013
United States
Your mono is only eating worms and it looks pretty big. If you are not that attached to your cichlas, you can always sell them or give them away. If I were you, I would get rid of them if they are not show pieces like 24k kelberi and Peruvian mono.

If you want to keep your gar, best mix would be with South American cichlids that are not super aggressive.

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
I'm not to attached to the bass. I already have a couple buyers for them. The Kelberi is very nice looking but I just don't have the time for them right now and cichlids ( IMO) are a lot
Easier to take care ofView attachment 1013705

joshlandis24

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2010
columbus ohio
Your mono is only eating worms and it looks pretty big. If you are not that attached to your cichlas, you can always sell them or give them away. If I were you, I would get rid of them if they are not show pieces like 24k kelberi and Peruvian mono.

If you want to keep your gar, best mix would be with South American cichlids that are not super aggressive.

I agree with this guy u can allways give them to me you know my number! Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
DItch the gar and keep the cichla!
If you have growouts already why sell the big ones?
SOunds like a sale your gonna regret...keep the kelberi and ditch the worm eater....tank splashers are awesome!

administrator

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2011
My 265 has a Jar with some other tank mates. So far so good in terms of him not killing anyone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store