To much OR too little

databoy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
stuttgart, germany
so this is what i have in the 240g tank so far. Eheim Pro 3 2080 and Eheim 2215, Rio 2100 and 1400 pump, 2 Eheim Jager 250 submersible heater and 2 Current-USA freshwater LED+. I am currently cycling the water day, 3 with the aide of some bio matter i poured in. Do I need anything else?

I LOVE Oscars and plan to stock with 2 tigers, Dovii, peacock bass, silver arowana and a buttikoferi. searching for web so i can get them all the same size if possible.View attachment 1013398View attachment 1013399IMG_5669.JPGIMG_5670.JPG

IMG_5669.JPG

IMG_5670.JPG

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
When small it may work, those fish can be hit or miss together, but as they get bigger that dovii and butti will get mean and aggressive, but if they don't tear each other apart then it's still going to be too small for a dovii, and very tight with the aro and 2 oscars. Not to mention that your filtration ATM is fine, but those fish have high bio loads so that'll put a strain on your tank.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Oscar Mike

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2010
CA
Oscars aren't compatible with dovii because their jaws aren't strong enough to properly defend themselves. A standard 240 is also too narrow for a full grown silver aro. If you like oscars some better tankmates might be smaller cichlids, medium sized cats, clown loaches, and tinfoil barbs.

Death03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2014
Philippines
When small it may work, those fish can be hit or miss together, but as they get bigger that dovii and butti will get mean and aggressive, but if they don't tear each other apart then it's still going to be too small for a dovii, and very tight with the aro and 2 oscars. Not to mention that your filtration ATM is fine, but those fish have high bio loads so that'll put a strain on your tank.
+1
BTW love your setup :thumbsup:

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Oscars aren't compatible with dovii because their jaws aren't strong enough to properly defend themselves. A standard 240 is also too narrow for a full grown silver aro. If you like oscars some better tankmates might be smaller cichlids, medium sized cats, clown loaches, and tinfoil barbs.
Agreed, a 3 foot wide tank would be fine but at 2 feet wide its not quite wide enough. If you really want an arowana see if you can get a hold of a leichardti. They are rare now days and about 3-4 times more expensive but there generally calm and have a reputation of being very accepting to tank mates.

databoy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
stuttgart, germany
I"ve seen some interesting tank mates paired together online. I hope i don't miss getting them all young and around the same size. Also, they wont get to there full length (I don't think) due to the fact that I relocate every 3-4 years and have to start ALL over. I'll have this group for atleast 2 years and then find a fitting home for them.

Thanks for input

databoy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
stuttgart, germany

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I"ve seen some interesting tank mates paired together online. I hope i don't miss getting them all young and around the same size. Also, they wont get to there full length (I don't think) due to the fact that I relocate every 3-4 years and have to start ALL over. I'll have this group for atleast 2 years and then find a fitting home for them.

Thanks for input

databoy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
stuttgart, germany
Clown loach sounds good, what about a Pacu?

databoy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
stuttgart, germany
Agreed, a 3 foot wide tank would be fine but at 2 feet wide its not quite wide enough. If you really want an arowana see if you can get a hold of a leichardti. They are rare now days and about 3-4 times more expensive but there generally calm and have a reputation of being very accepting to tank mates.
gonna do without the arowana now. thanks for input

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
gonna do without the arowana now. thanks for input
Good to see people looking for the interest of the fish! Especially ones who research rather than buying and regreting, props to you man we need more people like you in the hobby.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store