Brown ghost knifefish (Apteronotus leptorhynchus) possible parasites??? ich???

bichirbeginner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
central new jersey
Hey mates, I'm having a little bit of concern for my brown ghost knife.

Tank size:
40 Gallon Breder

stock:
Polypterus senegalus -adult-
Polypterus delhezi -juvenile-
Brown ghost knifefish -6"-
Bristlenose pleco -adult-

Filter:
Marineland 350
Tetra Whisper 40

Specs:
Temperature: 79 degrees (dipped down to 77 in the last 24 hours) now back to 79
Ph: 6.8
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 10ppm

My brown knife had ICH a while ago, about 3 weeks, during which I raised the temperature to 88 degrees for 10 days and added a tiny bit of salt to the water.
He survived and was perfectly fine, he's been feeding well on hikari carnivore pellets, pieces of tilapia, and earthworms.

I've seen him scratching here and there on the driftwood and plants, but I haven't thought much of it. Now yesterday I had the fan on in my room and my temperature dipped to 76/77 overnight. This morning I saw him swimming rapidly back and forth under some drift wood and scratching himself repeatedly for about 30 seconds. Is the ICH coming back? I looked at him closely and saw no signs of any spots YET.
IMPORTANT INFO: This brown knife, as basically all, is a wild fish. I assumed he had a mild case of wild parasites he brought with him and wasn't too worried. None of my other fish have been scratching or acting weirdly. Well, last week I saw my delhezi scratch himself and the senegalus too, but they stopped.

What should I do?

bichirbeginner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
central new jersey
Also to add, ever since I've had him he's scratched himself here and there. He eats voraciously. Also, I fed him mysis shrimp doused in Garlic Guard here and there the past couple of weeks to keep his immune system up a little.

bichirbeginner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
central new jersey
Should I take this seriously and raise the temperature etc?... i have an amazon sword, anubias, and some java moss so I'm wary of adding salt. Plus the knife is scaless so...

BUMP

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store