Goonch keepers I need your help! For the sake of Science!

Estarego8

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
New Jersey
As the title states I need your help. I need all of you to post pictures (GOOD PICTURES) Side views and front views of your goonch cats. Please do not spam with multiple posts. I would like this thread to be accurate and to the point. I will be reclassifying each and every one of your cats in my personal data base. If you have multiple cats please caption that with each photo to ID each individual cat. Any questions or concerns please PM me.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
uploadfromtaptalk1400656545473.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1400656829339.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1400656986282.jpg
HLG's B. Bagarius, same fish 3 above pics, group pics below-all fish from same batch brought in by wes in 2011
uploadfromtaptalk1400657226133.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1400657832848.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Matt, can't tell it from the pics, but that thing is tiny. It is like 3". But for diagnostic traits, look at what it has morphologically:

Round eyes, which rules out rutilus, lica and the dwarf.

No cheek tubercles, which rules out the LLG B. yarrelli.

The fis is not dramatically dorso-laterally compressed and lacks the characteristic ridges on the spine which rules out suchus.

The only thing left is the HLG, B. bagarius.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Estarego8

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
New Jersey
Matt, can't tell it from the pics, but that thing is tiny. It is like 3". But for diagnostic traits, look at what it has morphologically:

Round eyes, which rules out rutilus, lica and the dwarf.

No cheek tubercles, which rules out the LLG B. yarrelli.

The fis is not dramatically dorso-laterally compressed and lacks the characteristic ridges on the spine which rules out suchus.

The only thing left is the HLG, B. bagarius.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I am thinking it could be what I talked to you about. That's all I will say on the subject.

Also on the subject of them being small I have had a HLG that size before and it was completely different look wise. The stunted theory may be warranted, but id place my personal bet elsewhere.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store