steel stand and wet/dry filter setup. help

Death03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2014
Philippines
I am going to buy a steel stand (because wood here in our city is very very expensive) for my 67gal tank. what can you advice on what thickness or something that would make a big difference on steel stands? I don't have any idea about steels and steel stands. please help

Also I will be having a sump in the bottom of the tank. How many inches of working space do you advice for a sump? would 6" be enough working space?

EDIT: I made a new thread for the wet/dry setup sorry I can't change the title anymore

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Any steel stand should hold that. It isnt big enough you need boxed tube steel and a basic one would work. You are looking at aquarium stands and not like steel shelfing right? As far as a sump im not sure your exact question on "working space"... 6" from the bottom of your tank to the top of the sump is fine but if you are trying to fit a sump and plumbing into a 6" space... no way.

Death03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2014
Philippines
Any steel stand should hold that. It isnt big enough you need boxed tube steel and a basic one would work. You are looking at aquarium stands and not like steel shelfing right? As far as a sump im not sure your exact question on "working space"... 6" from the bottom of your tank to the top of the sump is fine but if you are trying to fit a sump and plumbing into a 6" space... no way.
Oh sorry I didn't explain things right. A 6" working space from the top of the sump and bottom of the tank. Yes I will have someone to make it for me. It's a steel stand for an aquarium. Thank you for the help!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store