Not buying anymore fish

Seahorse8383

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2014
Norfolk, Va
I am gonna try my hardest not to buy anymore fish!!! I am so tired of dealing with ick everytime I add a new fish. I know I should have a QT tank, but I don't. So unless all of my fish die. I don't want to buy anymore fish. I am just gonna focus on enjoying the ones I have. Besides it's not fair for my current fish to have to deal with sickness just because I want a new fish that I do Not need. So hopefully I won't be buying anymore fish for a few years.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Good luck with that man. I've tried just to save money but it's too hard. Why don't you just buy a 10g and a sponge filter? That way you can have an instant qt

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
there is another possibility... that your tank always has ich but the fish can repel it as long as your water parameters are healthy enough to allow them to. By adding more fish, you might be stressing the tank which causes the outbreak. So it might only seem like you keep introducing ich.

My tank is like this... it has ich and columnaris... pretty much impossible to get rid on completely. As long as I keep my water parameters good and the nitrates 0-10% i have no issues. If i get lax and things get bad, then I start seeing ich again and I fix via water parameters. I stopped bothering to dose the tank with meds. I have a feeling that this is much more common than people think.

A couple UV filters was a great investment for me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store