help pls my female stingray has stung my kelberi peacock bass

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
The good news is we won't be able to tell you anything without pics.

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

coyotethug

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2005
Michigan
In my experience it is probably game over for the bass. No way to remove toxin so if it got enough it will start doing the death roll soon. Sorry for your loss, but it happens with rays especially in cramped quarters. I have lost a 18 inch tig, a 17 inch broko, and a 24 inch royal clown knife. The tig lasted 3.5 weeks but had obvious neurological damage from it. The other two about 18 hours at most.

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Had a 18 inch clown knife survive a sting to the throat by a reticulated. Had a huge ugly protrusion, but was fine otherwise. Pics plz.

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

swedeboy78

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2011
My crib
My 8" true parrot got stung right by its gill and although he looked uncomfortable for a few days he recuperated just fine.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
I lost two fish due to stingrays doing this. Count the cichla out. Most likely done. This is why I pull out my rays and cut their barbs off every couple months now.

jordancch

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2009
( uk )
i had two bass stung the kelberi and an orino the orino is fine ,but the kelberi has died but this is because the other fish in the tank was on its case and with it being stung the two was to much for it to take .i would of moved her but i'm looking after some fish for a mate in my spare tank that i have for treating fish told him i needed his fish gone asap but he didn't reply to me or come and get them!!!! if it was in my spare tank it would of had a better chance of making it .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store