My DIY stand and canopy

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Wow that looks great! I tried to do similar but didnt come out anywhere close to as nice. Do you work with wood professionally? Looks so well done

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Thanks! It's the first thing I've built in about 5 years lol. Definitely not a professional. I made quite a few mistakes along the way, but with a little extra wood fill and some good paint, it turned out better than I had expected. I started by practicing on building a canopy for my 80 gallon out of cheap wood and trim and that definitely helped when it came to the big tank.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Man I wish you were closer, I have a few stand dimensions you could practice on haha. I wouldve guessed you were a finish carpenter of some sort. I tried my best on my stand and well lets just say it didnt come close to either of yours! I did enjoy the project though.

PhysicsDude

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2011
Dallas, TX
Looks really good! Some well thought out trim really hides some imperfections and makes the stand look professional.

How does your canopy open?

Also, could you post some details or more pictures of the filtration setup? Looks like there's a large sump/refugium under the tank and an FX5? to the side of it?

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Looks pretty dang professional to me. Nice job!

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Looks really good! Some well thought out trim really hides some imperfections and makes the stand look professional.

How does your canopy open?

Also, could you post some details or more pictures of the filtration setup? Looks like there's a large sump/refugium under the tank and an FX5? to the side of it?
The black one has a sliding lid on top and the big tank has a hinged lid that sits inside. I didn't do anything fancy with it because it's about 7ft tall so you can see it anyways. Lol the fx6 is just sitting in one of the return holes as the sump has 2 returns and it's not cycled yet. The fx6 has been on there for almost 3 weeks with the sump, so it shouldn't be much longer until it comes off.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store