Friendly gar?

Tythefishguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2014
Texas
I have seen that a lot of people have shy gars. I was wondering if anyone else has any that is not Adria's to be around hands? I have a foot long Florida gar and he lets me touch him most of the time and always comes to me when I get close to the tank.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
I had one that would ALWAYS try to attack my hand. Im talking about slowly stalking me anytime I did maintenance. Ended up getting rid of him because my others were much more mellow. Never had one that was afraid of me though

Tythefishguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2014
Texas
I had one that would ALWAYS try to attack my hand. Im talking about slowly stalking me anytime I did maintenance. Ended up getting rid of him because my others were much more mellow. Never had one that was afraid of me though
Oh I bet that was fun, I got bit yesterday rubbing his nose and he got annoying and bit the crap out of me, finger bled it was bad. I was debating on getting an alligator gar too but I am assuming they are more aggressive haven't research about them yet.

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
I've NEVER heard of a shy gar, or seen one. You may be thinking of one of the "false" gars which are often shy.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
you rub their nose and they will think that you're trying to hand feed them, or in this case ... you're trying to feed them your hand.

TexanMFKer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2014
South Korea
Oh I bet that was fun, I got bit yesterday rubbing his nose and he got annoying and bit the crap out of me, finger bled it was bad. I was debating on getting an alligator gar too but I am assuming they are more aggressive haven't research about them yet.
Gator garsa re way more agressive. Mine badly damaged my p.bass and aro

Sent from my SHV-E300K using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

KiiNGGiiNGER

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2013
Marietta, Ohio
I had a 17-18 in florida that loved to be touched/belly rubbed. Always came right up to the surface.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store