Silver Datnoid Help

Young_Fish_Keeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2014
San Antonio, Tx.
Hey everyone, at my LFS there are some Silver Datnoids for sale, i was thinking about buying some, but i had a few questions, could someone please help me out by telling me; What is the growth rate on these fish? What is there full-grown size, and what is the best diet for them? any advice is welcome, thanks!

KiiNGGiiNGER

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2013
Marietta, Ohio
Growth rate on all dats is very slow. Quarter inch a month to half inch max. Full size is usually around 10" but can reach a foot. Just feed a variety of carnivore food, mix it up.

Young_Fish_Keeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2014
San Antonio, Tx.
are silver dats specifically, also capable of reaching a foot? & what foods would you recommend? Foods such as beef-heart, hikari massive, ect?
Thanks for the info, btw.

Jhawk974

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
Utah
I feed my Dats Xtreme and Massivore Delite. Once a week they get bloodworm/shrimp.

Jhawk974

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
Utah
I have 5 indo and with the stuff i told you about they have grown a inch in 4 weeks :(. Growing faster than I wanted them too but oh-well

djaalix

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2011
Mahopac Falls, NY
I would take pics to make sure its a silver/AT Dat .... they max out at about a foot maybe a little bigger, but if they turn out to be Indo/IT Dats, they can hit 2ft in length and are a true monster ... just want to make sure the ID is correct, as many LFS's dont know exactly what type while people on here do ... just looking out for you and what your tank size is

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jhawk974

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
Utah
The first few weeks is the worse just trying to get them to eat pellets is a job. Then after that it's not bad clean water and good diet will help them grow.

Young_Fish_Keeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2014
San Antonio, Tx.
Thanks, ill do that next time i make my next trip out there, im pretty sure its a silver but ill take pics just to confirm, if it does end up being a Indo Dao. that'll be even better cause they're only $13. thats for the help!:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store