New Pick up..!!!

xaenali

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2014
Pakistan
So yesterday I bought a Jardini and 4 clown loach ...jardini is around 7'' and loaches are around 3'' they are together in a 100 gallon tank currently ...so i was thinking to put the jardini and loach in my other tank with my Silver arowana which is around 18-20'' and oscars, you can see the pics attached ...so what do you say is it wise to do this or i am risking Jardini and loaches !!!?? any suggestion??!!

Note: (before moving Paroon sharks must go somewhere...they are freak!!:nilly: believe me they try to put 20'' Silver Aro in there mouth!! :screwy:)

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG

IMG_0455.JPG

IMG_0456.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

IMG_0459.JPG

IMG_0461.JPG

IMG_0462.JPG

IMG_0464.JPG

IMG_0466.JPG

IMG_0467.JPG

IMG_0469.JPG

IMG_0470.JPG

IMG_0471.JPG

IMG_0472.JPG

IMG_0473.JPG

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
The silver would probably bully the jardini too much, and if the jardini survives he might relentlessly try to kill the silver. The are known to be intolerant of other species. Seems like an unnecessary risk, the jardini shouldn't need the extra space just yet.

The loaches would probably be a snack until they get much bigger, and they are notoriously slow growers.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
I had a silver eat tankmates upto a 3rd its size tbh, risky risky risky. ...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

xaenali

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2014
Pakistan
The silver would probably bully the jardini too much, and if the jardini survives he might relentlessly try to kill the silver. The are known to be intolerant of other species. Seems like an unnecessary risk, the jardini shouldn't need the extra space just yet.

The loaches would probably be a snack until they get much bigger, and they are notoriously slow growers.

Yes jardinis are very aggressive but I was thinking that there might be a chance that because of the size of silver aro ..jardini may compromise !!;)....Also my silver aro show no aggression at all towards any thing .....!!!

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Yes jardinis are very aggressive but I was thinking that there might be a chance that because of the size of silver aro ..jardini may compromise !!;)....Also my silver aro show no aggression at all towards any thing .....!!!
I would be cautious because silvers don't seem to like things that look much like themselves. That said it is generally recommended to try and introduce the jardini early in hopes that it's bloodthirsty attitude can calm down before he gets big enough to murder. That said I'd still wait till the jardini gets a bit more beefy.

xaenali

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2014
Pakistan
I would be cautious because silvers don't seem to like things that look much like themselves. That said it is generally recommended to try and introduce the jardini early in hopes that it's bloodthirsty attitude can calm down before he gets big enough to murder. That said I'd still wait till the jardini gets a bit more beefy.

So i have to wait for about 4-6 months or more.....I hate this ...:wall: ...can't wait that long ....

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
you have too lol, in all honesty the jar will prob have to live alone anyway, 99% of jars cant commune... should have got an asian or black...

xaenali

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2014
Pakistan
you have too lol, in all honesty the jar will prob have to live alone anyway, 99% of jars cant commune... should have got an asian or black...
Yup...well the LFS don't bring those here ....

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Wow, really, more fish into that tank?

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
IMO , the loaches will end up lunch for either aro at that size as there growth rate is much slower and will quickly become snack size :(
As for the jar and silver together - if the silver isn't aggressive ATM its because it has no need to be things may chance once another aro is introduced , if the jar does make it to 10" the tables will turn and the silver will get smashed up eventually the jar will want the whole tank to himself :D
Obviously this is just from my past experiences with jardini you could get lucky and end up with a placid one that excepts tankmates of all species it does happen on the odd occasion ;):D
Keep us posted and your progress , you may have to do a bit of fish sitting for a few days keep your eye on things in the tank

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store