Lighting Question

allathlete5

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2014
Southern California
Got a new 5' 100 gallon african cichlid tank going. Using a dual tube 48" t8 shop light temporarily and will be ordering a new led light this week.

My question is... Should I go with the 48"-60" satellite freshwater led plus? At 30 watts, 96 White/48 RGB leds... Putting out 2000 lumens at $125

Or do I go with the beamswork 4th gen double hi lumen 48".. 164x 10000K daylight, 16x 460nm Actinic leds... at .5 watts each led for a total of 90 watts... and a stated 8000 lumens. At about $90 shipped...

Pretty open to other suggestions, but from my research i've narrowed it down to this. Interested in any and all opinions!!

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Sat+ is vastly superior, due to being a full spectrum fixture. Never heard someone who has seen both side by side say their fish look better under the beams.

allathlete5

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2014
Southern California
Sat+ is vastly superior, due to being a full spectrum fixture. Never heard someone who has seen both side by side say their fish look better under the beams.
That's whati was thinking... I know the beams fixture would be way brighter, but I'm thinking the led+ will make the fish look so much better. Thanks for the response

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Satellite + for the win! I went from Beamswork Single Brights on my 210 to the Current Satellite + and am so much happier. The single brights were cheap and thats why I bought them but after a year I knew I wanted something better. I dont care for all the gimmicky effects but I do like the rose and full spectrum setting on the Sat +, make the fish really stand out.

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
I've had both and would take sat+ every day over beamsworks. Beam and I haven't gotten along because most went out on me in less than 6 months. I do have one on my 75 right now, however 4 of the blue LEDs went out and its just there until I get another sat+. These are just my experiences and some have had great success with beams.

Sent from my XT1031 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store