NLS vs Hakari

Paulkline

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2013
Carmel, Indiana
I am going to order more fish food and I was wondering if I should stick to what I am currently feeding or if I should switch over to NLS. I am currently feeding Hakari bio gold cichlid pellets in the medium size. I want to switch over to NLS jumbo fish pellets. Is there any major nutritional differences between the two and is it worth it to convert my fish over to another food.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

McPhish

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 7, 2014
MI
NLS seems more healthier, but fish seems to love Hikari more. Massivore is crack for fish.
stick with Hikari
s
t

professor_rob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
I use NLS with good results. (I am sure many people will respond with advice on the matter) I do sometimes feed hikari and found it good, just prefer NLS.

Also note that NLS is harder and more dense so you might need to order smaller sizes than you do with other brands. Fish should be able to swallow it easily and not have to chew it up otherwise they may not take to it.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Oscar Mike

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2010
CA
Not only is NLS made of higher quality ingredients but costs half as much as hikari in bulk. Its definitely worth switching

EMI93M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
australia
I use Hikari ....... But deep down I know that NLS is a better food and has 1 key ingredient you cant ignore ( GARLIC ) garlic works on your fish like it works on humans when consumed we sweat it out threw our bodies the next day ( Sound gross I know ) but it keeps your fish healthy and immune from quite a few diseases you might encounter along the way. Keep in mind I use Hikari only because my fish dont take NLS as readilly as Hikari for some reason. A little trick i learnt if you can be bothered is i stuff a couple of NLS pellets in fruit or shrimp before i give them to my fish so they eat it before they realize whats in it.

Regards Mick

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Nls is great but its too dense for my fishes it seems. They hate it so feed carni sticks as a staple, nls is a bit too dense imo.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store