Pacu Compatibility?

Young_Fish_Keeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2014
San Antonio, Tx.
Hey MFK, this week I have decided to let go of my Oscars, due to Excess waste & fighting, so it's going to clear some room for my other grow out fish, to grow out in this tank! It's a 150 Gallon & I know it's very small for the current fish but again, just a grow out, not their permanent life. So, I have a Pacu which is 12" in the 150, and a Silver Arowana about 11-12" as we'll in a 55 Gallon grow out. Since I'm going to be getting rid of my main bully's, I just wanted to come on here and just ask, Will the arowana be fine with the Pacu? Or will the Pacu fight with it & Nip it's fins & bully it? Any help is welcome, thank you in advance!

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I've had pacu in with my jardini no problems , depends on how your silver reacts to him I suppose , lots of mfk have pacu and silvers together but you need space for it to work in long run they'll be bumping into one another in no time in a 150

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ExoticGREEN

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2010
$0uth3rn C@l1f0rn!@
My jar is smaller then my pacu. the jar punks him which is funny Lol. 150g would be too small. my 240g is already to small lol

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
i love pacu, wish they never got 3ft!-) they are capable of biting bits off the silver so space will be essential, he will bust outta a 150 soon enough!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store