Those with Wide ACRYLIC tank, how do you clean the back of your tank ?

flamenco-t

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2006
South of Heaven
I am curious to see what others with wide (3ft and wider) tank use to clean the back of their tank ?

thanks

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Gave up trying to clean my old 500g back pane. Too tough to reach and somewhat dangerous with inhabitants getting that far into the water. Eurobracing made it quite a challenge

flamenco-t

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2006
South of Heaven
I saw those too, I don't want to scrape it as it may scratch the acrylic (to make matter worst, I have black back and black bottom)...and it'll take me forever trying to clean 10x3 of area with those cute little scraper LOL

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
A squigie I think it's spelled attached to a screw on plastic rod or go to the car cleaning section and get one of those things on a rod that have soft little appendages hanging from them those work well

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rgonzales

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2009
where i dont wanna be
I don't worry about the back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

stempy

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2011
Galloway, OH
Create your own tool....necessity drives creativity! I used a plastic broom handle which I screwed into 3 sheets of styrofoam(at an angle) that I had cut to the size I wanted then attached a piece of a 50 micron fabric that I had also cut to the size of the styrofoam with enough to wrap around and attach it on the backside of the styrofoam. My tank is 4 ft wide and 3 ft tall, this works wonderfully for me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store