Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
What kind of fish you talking about?

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Quarentine and keep water extra clean. Usually captive bred fish are hardier in aquariums because they have lived their lives in water conditions closer to our aquariums

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Fish caught on a line go through quite a struggle being caught, then are usually damaged to some extent and can be difficult to get home and acclimate. One other struggle is getting them off live food like they are used to. If you want to keep natives, id keep the hobbies seperate and try to locate your native fish by other means like online ordering or a local fish farm

chris1990

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2014
china
id say dont overload the fish holding bucket with fish , bring several buckets , if possible bring a portable aerator , use barbless hooks to make removal easier , make sure to handle the fish gently when removing the hook , not tearing its lips .if you are fishing for a long period , either change the water in the fish holding container periodically or bring a fish holding pen net that you can place in the lake .

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
Personally I've never had a problem with bringing native fish home. One think I like to do is have my bucket and everything ready next to me so I can catch the fish and get it into the bucket ASAP. My biggest thing is not touching the fish and keeping it out of the water for the shortest period possible. May want forceps or a de hooker. Usually I'll unhook the fib in the bucket without touching them

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ZEROPILOT

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2013
South east Florida
There are live fish in a Michigan lake? Seriously, have a bucket with a lid and a battery powered airstone ready. I did that for a while to keep wild "exotic" fish here that I caught in canals. (south Florida) Now, the exotics are so common, the novelty has worn off. Leave the lights off in the fishes tank for a while. Instant on daylight can spook them!! And ad some ich treatment to the tank as a preventative measure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store