100 gal + arowana

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
How long can I keep a arowana in a 100 gallon tank I no that they grow very fast and that they will need at least 300-400 gallon tank I was wondering how long try woul be ok in a 100? I don't plan on gettin the aro until I no I'm gettin close to a bigger tank .... But I'd like one in the 100 gal as a grow out basically ... (Like if it will out grow the 100 in 6 months I'm not gettin a aro until I no I can upgrade within 6 months)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Kept mine in a 125 for 7-9 months and started beating up on the tank mates. You'll know when it's time to upgrade. When he chases tank mates for the hell of it and hitting the lids a lot, even if you feel like he's doing too many laps in the tank too often. I feel black aros grow a little slower than silvers. But other people will probity tell you other wise about size of the fish vs tank

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
Kept mine in a 125 for 7-9 months and started beating up on the tank mates. You'll know when it's time to upgrade. When he chases tank mates for the hell of it and hitting the lids a lot, even if you feel like he's doing too many laps in the tank too often. I feel black aros grow a little slower than silvers. But other people will probity tell you other wise about size of the fish vs tank
Only tank mates he will have is bichirs nothin else they stay on the bottom aro stays at top

xaenali

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2014
Pakistan
6ft long 19" high 19" wide

You can keep it long enough IMO .....i have same dimension tank as yours and keeping 18-20" silver arro in it no problem at all ...my arrow is healthy and active and believe me he plays with me , even take food from my hand directly no problem also shows no agression towards any other tank mates ( well this also depends on fish and luck)... .....he was only 8" when i bought him about 6-7 months back. .....and grown to this much....and last the diet also maters which help to accelerate growth.....this is all from my own experience....

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
You can keep it long enough IMO .....i have same dimension tank as yours and keeping 18-20" silver arro in it no problem at all ...my arrow is healthy and active and believe me he plays with me , even take food from my hand directly no problem also shows no agression towards any other tank mates ( well this also depends on fish and luck)... .....he was only 8" when i bought him about 6-7 months back. .....and grown to this much....and last the diet also maters which help to accelerate growth.....this is all from my own experience....

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Wow 7 months it went from 8-20" ...... Wow......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store