Can I add a much smaller ray?

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
I have a 13inch male black diamond that is pretty aggressive, fully rolled, a somewhat dominant female bd/leo that's 12 inches, and a pretty calm 14 inch bd/leo female. I have a chance to buy another 7inch female, good deal, beauty ray. My thing is, i cant find a 12+ Inch female in my price range anywhere. This 7 inch girl is a good deal and really nice. My dilemma: should I buy the ray or not? Do you think it will be fine in my tank 7x2x4wide, assuming I may have to separate the male or a female when he goes into breeding mode? Would you suggest I wait it out and try to find a bigger ray even though it's very hard? Lmk what you guys thing.

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

burbon44s

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2012
milwaukee
When I added my new hybrid female to the main tank, she was only 7 inches.
The bigger rays were just fine with it.

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
I added a 8" fmale to a group of 4 bigger rays all over 14" at the time. There were no issues at all. I was told that once they hit 8" they are far tougher and able to put up with competing for food etc. This turned out to be the case. In actual fact she is now the biggest ray in the tank.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I added 3 different rays all 7" to my main tank with 20"+ rays with no problems

Each ray is different I know people who have had new born pups chewed up I maybe lucky but even when new born pups are in the tank my other fish don't pay them any attention

No one can say for sure if it will be ok or not you need to try and see then remove if needed

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store