Suggestions

thatrandomfishkeeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Ive been doing some reading and im unsure of what to put in my new terrarium. I am no stranger to keeping reptiles and amphibians, but ive never kept anything exceedingly difficult. What are some of the suggestions yall have to stock this newly created tank with? there is a very small amount of water in the tank, and yes it is rust colored at the moment, but i found the culprit and will change the water tomorrow. The dimensions are 2 x 2 x 2. I have no problem spending several hundred dollars on an animal that can be housed here for life.

uploadfromtaptalk1401246369739.jpg

vildotcom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2006
San Diego, CA
Dart Frogs. They are small enough to not be invasive on your terrarium decor but also a group will look very beautiful in that AWESOME setup.

A. gigas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2010
I agree, dart frogs would work well, as long as they can be kept cool enough, which can be hard during Texas summers. If you want something a little easier you could go with some firebelly toads or something similar, with that water area you might be able to keep firebelly newts as well. Long story short, some sort of small, terrestrial amphibian. I wouldn't go with anything arboreal without adding some more climbing structure.

thatrandomfishkeeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2012
Dallas, Texas
How would an arboreal alligator lizard work? I understand that i will need some more perches, i had another large grapevine, but it didnt end up fitting with the other one in there so i plan on getting some more small pieces of wood when i go back to dfw reptarium this weekend
And thanks for the kind words vil!

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
I would say that an Abronia would be too large for that cage.
Not to mention that there's little airflow in that cage. I've been doing a lot of research on these guys lately and it sounds like they do better in screen cages with lots of vertical space as opposed to glass tanks.

thatrandomfishkeeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Are there any similar species that could be housed in this tank? FBT or newts werent really what i was picturing in this tank, although i was throwing the idea of dart frogs around

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store