Plant I.D. please

OhioMFK

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2013
ohio
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone could ID these planta for me. The first I know is a lilly. I was wondering if anyone knows what type. It was unmarked at the LFS. Im assuming its a tropical as ive had it for thrwe days and it sprouted a stem that has grown 12 inches since planting it. The second I have no clue as I picked it up out of the 99 cent tank. Let me know your thoughts thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1401253770577.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401253795992.jpg

OhioMFK

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2013
ohio
I don know why but the damn app keeps rotating my pictures, even tried rotating them on in my gallery they seem to want to be right...

uploadfromtaptalk1401255263666.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401255299959.jpg

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
The lily type could be dwarf tiger lotus, if the leaves become a mottled red.
They can grow very dense under water if the leaves are trimmed back, and not allowed to reach the surface, if one hits the top, they all reach for, and end up there.

The one with small round leaves may be one of the Bacopa species.
And agree the one on the right, one of the many sword varieties.

OhioMFK

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2013
ohio
Damn well one reached the top lol, I was hoping to have maybe three leaves reach the top and have the rest underwater, is it to late to trim it down?

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
Damn well one reached the top lol, I was hoping to have maybe three leaves reach the top and have the rest underwater, is it to late to trim it down?

Never to late to trim, but trim it sooner rather than later. Once aloud hits the top it will keep going for the top unless you train it to grow shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

OhioMFK

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2013
ohio
Thanks, cant beliwve the growth rate. It was four inches from the top yesterday when I went to work. I came home and it breached the watwr. Unbelievable. , another question the root system I actually planted was about 6 inches. The growth is only on one side of the root the rest looks like it has had plants cutt off it at some point. That being said is there anyway to turn one root system into two?

OhioMFK

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2013
ohio
Wil do, as far as the trimming goes just cut it at the base or am I so cut it at the height I was it to be?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store