Used sump question

49ersfan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2013
Bay Area, CA
I picked up a used sump for cheap recently and am having problems getting the flow right. The sump is a del ray model 125 with a grundfoss quiet one pump, the pump has no markings on it does anyone know what the gph for the pump is? For what i have found looks like 900ish at 4' of head, what size bulkhead do i need to run to it? I tried 2 3/4" but the sump goes dry before enough water returns, any help on pump size and which bulkhead to use would really help.
Thabks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Most drains are always in the 1-2inch range. How large can you go with the drains? Sounds like you might have to setup your system a little different if you cant have large enough drains to handle the normal flow with stand pipes. Full siphon method would net you more flow.

49ersfan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Most drains are always in the 1-2inch range. How large can you go with the drains? Sounds like you might have to setup your system a little different if you cant have large enough drains to handle the normal flow with stand pipes. Full siphon method would net you more flow.
I would say 1 1/4" would be about the max drain size i can go up too, and what is full siphon method?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store