Any one have bowfins?

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
There are certainly members here with bowfins. Closest thing to snakeheads that are legal in US. I dont have any but a quick search pops up loads of results

Edit: bowfin popped up 40 pages of threads. Theres even a specific gars and bowfins section of this forum

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
I will have to look at laws on shipping said fish but last year my brother n law caught a couple one was a 24 inch monster other ones were small 8 inch size if I can catch a few and if they can be shipped id send em for price of shipping but that's a lot of ifs so I'll keep you posted

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
I will have to look at laws on shipping said fish but last year my brother n law caught a couple one was a 24 inch monster other ones were small 8 inch size if I can catch a few and if they can be shipped id send em for price of shipping but that's a lot of ifs so I'll keep you posted

Awesome man if that happens I'd greatly appreciate it one around 8" is perfect

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
There are certainly members here with bowfins. Closest thing to snakeheads that are legal in US. I dont have any but a quick search pops up loads of results

Edit: bowfin popped up 40 pages of threads. Theres even a specific gars and bowfins section of this forum
I went to the bowin and gar nothin bout bowfins show up its all gars

jpcampbell123

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2011
In the water
i have before they are really interesting fish and not picky about what they eat. but one big difference with the bowfins as to gars the bowfins show more signs of aggression even at smaller sizes than the gars when small

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store