Aquarium Anonymus Setup Thread (96x36x36)

AdamW

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2013
Hartselle,Al
I will first state that I have a problem. I started with a 20G and less than a year later I am starting to install a 553G, in a room I had to build onto my house to put it in. I was new to aquatics and fell in love with a cute little fish. Turns out RTC get FREAKING HUGE! I know there are many on here that will put me on blast for even having it in an aquarium but I am trying to do the responsible thing and keep it in an adequate living space. I know I will have to go bigger and bigger until I build a pond. This is the choice I have made instead of dealing with it in an alternative way(selling, giving away, or letting him suffer in an under sized aquarium).

Now to the aquarium:

96x36x36 1" acrylic aquarium with a single 3" drain pipe, metal 2x2 stand with a wood facade, 200g home built sump. I am going to do a fluidized bed filter with around 5 cubic feet of K1 kaldness among other filtering options.

I have finished the room and started setting up the tank. With a list of equipment still to buy and a TON of work left to do, I will update as soon as possible when I get things done. Pictures will be added as soon as I get home.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Sounds like a great build, love to see pics of progress.

And fyi I bought my gf a rtc one time because I wanted a huge tanks and she didnt. She loved the cute lil baby rtc and within a couple months she ok'd my 500g lol. You arent alome in the addiction. We are here for you. (Although dont expect much help fixing your addiction)

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
That's sweet! I'm envious.

Hi. My name is Nicole and I am addicted to fishkeeping, also.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
Nice! Tank looks amazing. I like how you skinned the stand; looks sharp.

3" drain = monster.

+1 on what Bryan said about not getting any help trying to fix your addiction...a bunch of enablers on here. Not the place to be to try to quit the hobby.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Man that tank looks good! I love the black silicone, feel like that dresses it up a lot and oh my whats your goal for flow? Thats some serious plumbing ya got there haha

AdamW

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2013
Hartselle,Al
Trying to keep the flow to about 5-5500 GPH.I will be running two pumps,one directly back to the tank and the other will go thru a monster UV sterilizer. The tank had the 3" bulkhead when I got it,that stuff isn't cheap! 3" ball valve was a c-note alone. That is actually a 1" line of black paint around the edges along with the entire back. It looks good but is covered by the facade for the most part.

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
Nice ...keep the updates coming..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store