India
Saulosi 1m/4f

or
1 blue acara

or
angelfish(not sure)

or
Discuss(not sure )

I have had dollars, BN pleco, some mollies and swordtails before. This will be my first cichlid tank

PLS help

cichlidsmart

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2014
India
Unfortunately, they are not available at my LFS's. They don't have many cichlids found near you'll , like JD's and GT's, not even convicts :(

cichlids i have seen here are
blue acara
discus
angelfish
oscars
FH, BP
Severum
African cichlids, but only few species

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Alonocara Saulosi or Psuedotropheous Saulosi? Either one I believe you need a 55 for either. Discus need bigger tanks also. Acara is the best fit for your 30 gallon on your list. What about a single firemouth or a pair of Honduran red points or a convict? Might be able to do some rainbow fish I don't know I don't have any.

cichlidsmart

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2014
India
Pseudotropheus saulosi is what i meant.

for any one who needs tank dimension

32"(L) x 13"(B) x 21"(H) = 37.81 US Gallons or 31.49 UK Gallons

as for convicts, i have posted a comment above:)

EDIT: could it be possible with one m and 3-4 f "(i am talkig about saulosi) as i have seen one website say it would be fine

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Pseudotropheus saulosi is what i meant.

for any one who needs tank dimension

32"(L) x 13"(B) x 21"(H) = 37.81 US Gallons or 31.49 UK Gallons

as for convicts, i have posted a comment above:)

EDIT: could it be possible with one m and 3-4 f "(i am talkig about saulosi) as i have seen one website say it would be fine
Sorry missed that post. The only cichlid on your list that will fit a 30 is the Acara. I am not an expert on the P. Saolosi but I have heard many times the smallest you want to go with mbuna is 55 any smaller and you run into aggression issues. I would suggest acara or look at something other than cichlids.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Thanks for the help. Ascarbo said Angelfish could fit, so a little confused. Any african cichlid owners/experts, could you help me with my question as i have found a thread sayig it is alright to keep saulosi in a 30 gallon
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?214190-New-30-gallon-stocking-questions
People all have different opinions, people will tell you its ok but my opinion is it is not enough room. I would take a look at measurements. Angelfish get 10" from top to bottom. I am guessing your tank is 16" tall and 12" wide. That only gives 3" above and below the fish giving no room for up and down movement. That is with no substrate and tank is filled to the very top always.

Google minimum mbuna tank size (saulosi is a type of mbuna) and most will come back saying 55 is minimum.

There are many more beautiful fish that will live a happy life in a 30 gallon. Why cramp something in that just barely fits? These are all my opinions I will leave it others to way in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store