Room For Any More?

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
My 30 gal tall (24" x 12" x 24") is currently stocked with the following:

1 X 1.75" Penguin Tetra (working on rehoming)
1 X 2.25" Angelfish
1 X 3" Blue Gourami
1 X 2.75" Sailfin Molly
2 X 1.5" Bronze Cory
1 X 3.5" Asian Bumblebee Catfish (Pseudomystus siamensis)
1 x 1.25" Longfin Super Red Ancistrus

I was wondering if I could add a group of 4 mosquito fish since I saw some at my LFS the other day and I know they're bland looking but they're just really awesome to me.

temp is 78 F and ph is 7.6.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
mosquito fishes can be quite aggressive , I dont think its a good idea
Really? I thought they were peaceful, how about least killifish, they were another one I liked but I was skeptical since I don't think they get very big and I don't want my angel eating them.

chris1990

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2014
china
Really? I thought they were peaceful, how about least killifish, they were another one I liked but I was skeptical since I don't think they get very big and I don't want my angel eating them.
unfortunately I dont have any experience with killifishes , I have lots with mosquito fishes , I use them as feeders . had one in a tank with 2 baby oscars once , it killed one of them , tearing their fins offs . the oscar died of stress . also had a group picking the slim coat out of a koi .

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
unfortunately I dont have any experience with killifishes , I have lots with mosquito fishes , I use them as feeders . had one in a tank with 2 baby oscars once , it killed one of them , tearing their fins offs . the oscar died of stress . also had a group picking the slim coat out of a koi .
Well that explains why the only tankmates they had at the store were snails and plants :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store