Just need to vent...

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
Okay, here is a little back story...

I manage a reptile shop. I take pride in that shop because we keep it very clean and all of the animals healthy. A week or two ago, a lady came in and was looking for a pet rat. We took her into the back and let her pick 2 out. She ended up walking out of the store with both rats and without paying for them. Later that day, we started getting emails from Change.org. Apparently she had posted a sob story about the condition of our rats to a facebook group for rat lovers. So, one of the people that read that post started a petition. Keep in mind that only one of these people had ever actually been into the shop and the story that she posted contained several incorrect statements about how we breed rats etc... We buy all of our rodents from other local breeders and never have them more than a day or two but that is beside the point. Anyways now we are getting flooded with bad reviews from people that have never actually been into the shop which is very frustrating. They are also going around and posting on other reviews saying that they are fake (which they are not).

I run the facebook page and it is creating a huge mess as I am not allowed to delete these ridiculous reviews or the comments. I finally did catch this little gem however...

Screen shot 2014-05-29 at 10.17.39 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-05-29 at 10.13.03 PM.png

I am both unbelievably tickled and infuriated at these jerks. Keep in mind this guy was complaining about how we treat our animals despite never actually being in the shop. The screen cap is from a comment he posted on an actual customers review which was glowing and so the little dimwit assumed it to be fake...

Sorry. Had to vent. PETA fanatics really piss me off.

Screen shot 2014-05-29 at 10.17.39 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-05-29 at 10.13.03 PM.png

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
What is the name of the page ?? Let us help you ''strike back''. :)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Exactly,and expose this woman as the lying thief that she is....

Z Trip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Canada
#ratpeople.

I don't understand why people have nothing better to do.

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
I am trying to keep the page professional and minimize the flame wars that go on which is why I blacked out the name. If you want to check it out, it is Hogtown Reptile Shop- just please don't start any big arguments there. Thanks guys.

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
well.. you can't please everyone...

my LFS keep their feeder rodent in the back room.... out of sight..
Ours is in the back room also but we allow people back there to pick out their rats because we have nothing to hide the rats are kept in standard bins and always have access to food and water. We do not mistreat them by any means.

foto69man

Candiru
MFK Member
Got to love stupid people. I wish you had to pass a test for freedom of speech and posting online. Most people would fail and the world would be a better/safer/quieter place.

Chris I know they are full of shiz...anyone and everyone can tell from how you maintain your own animals.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store