Companions

sgibby88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2014
south jersey
Has anybody successfully kept a gar and an arowana together in the same tank with no problems? I want one but just wanna know peoples luck with it

Sent from my SPH-L720 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Young_Fish_Keeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2014
San Antonio, Tx.
This was one of my main confers due to the gars teeth and the arowanas aggressiveness, but so far, I've successfully kept a spotted gar and silver arowana in the same tank, its only temporarily and a grow out for the both of them, but i reaserched this topic crazily and couldn't get a specific answer, maybe its just the temperament of my fish and i got lucky or something, but i decided to risk it and they are living together happily in a 55g grow out. hope this helps!

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
I have 2 Florida gars in a 230 gallon with a hbrtg aro. They have been together for a month with no problems. I have noticed the aro showing a bit more aggression as time goes on, but it's more towards my red hook silver dollars. The gars are 17 and 14" and the aro is around 18-20"

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
NO. My tropical gars have destroyed my RTG arowana time and time again. I stopped reintroducing him to the tank to prevent him from suffering.

sgibby88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2014
south jersey
I hear ya young. Ive spent days on end on forums and google researching but couldnt find an exact yes or no answer. My florida is 10 to 12 inch and the lfs has silver aros at 6in so im hoping they will be find.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store