Cheap LED lights?????????????

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Cheapest way would be to make them yourself is imagine. Otherwise they aren't terribly cheap unfortunately. When you look at LED your looking at the long term cost saving in lower power usage and no bulb replacement. Going cheap on a money saving investment could be a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
I should have said a cheaper way or maybe a website I'm just looking for cheaper than your common large retail pet store would charge.
I understand. I'm a frugal college student so I look to save any way I can. That said it appears to be a relatively undeveloped system. Making your own would be the most efficient and guides exist. If your looking for a brand beamswork and marineland seem to be relatively similar for freshwater, salt water I can't be sure of. Beamswork double bright are something I've been looking at recently.

PlaceNameHere

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2014
De Pere, Wisconsin
I'm also a frugal college student man haha, I did notice a $90 48" Marineland fixture on DrFosterSmith.com that's not to bad. I have put together fixtures before but never LED any good guide suggestions?

PhysicsDude

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2011
Dallas, TX
Depends on how much light you're looking for. A $30 roll of white ribbon LED lights stapled to a hood and a $20 12v transformer works well for general lighting. Plenty of cheap options depending on what your hood looks like and how handy you are.

PlaceNameHere

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2014
De Pere, Wisconsin
Depends on how much light you're looking for. A $30 roll of white ribbon LED lights stapled to a hood and a $20 12v transformer works well for general lighting. Plenty of cheap options depending on what your hood looks like and how handy you are.
Well i have plenty of light over the plants but the very front of the tank is not illuminated enough for my taste general lighting would do.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store