Question for people using Xtreme foods

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I have been using Xtreme foods for about 2 years. I had tried Monster pellets about a year ago, but never bought again because it was about half broken pellets. I feed loads of Big Fella. I tried Monster again starting about a week ago. I was happy to see that all of the pellets are whole. I have done 50% water changes since then and I noticed yesterday that the 3 tanks I am feeding Monster in, the water has gotten pretty tan, like it is full of tannins. Frankly, it is bad enough I am going to spend the extra money for Massivore, and use some NLS with the fish that will eat it(Lungfish and Bichirs). Is anyone else experiencing this? :WHOA:

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
I've only used 3mm and flaks but never had that issue.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Something I noticed at feeding tonight...... I have a heavily stocked 125 with about 15 feet of big polys. ( eight of them) About 75% of their diet is the Monster, but their tank is not as dark as the others. Could they be digesting whatever is causing the tan coloration?

ZEROPILOT

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2013
South east Florida
I've seen that as well. My biggest Flowerhorn eats it and blows out a reddish dust from his gills. The dye is very strong.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store