Help! my Jardini is not swimming right

kelogz08

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2014
Queens, NY
Hello everyone.

I am new to the forum and i am desperate for help.

I have a year old Jardini arowana who got an Ich on its anal fin about 2 weeks ago. I was able to treat it with Amoxcicillin and 50% water change everyday and it is completely gone. During the treatment period, the fish is not eating at all. It used to eat Hikari carnisticks and since it is not eating, i decided to feed it with raw shrimp that i bought frozen from the supermarket. Then few days after it started swimming funny and it stopped eating again. I thought it was going to die but it is still alive until this day. PLease see the youtube link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2drcFWnEQA&feature=youtu.be

I really appreciate your help

thanks in advance

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
dunno mate but ich should have been treated with salt and raising the temp, an antibiotic seems a bit extreme, maybe you dosed it wrong and have caused him problems.. ive not heard of people using anoxcicillin on fish, thats not saying people dont tho...

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
It looks like he has a broken his back. Mostly he hit himself to the top or rammed into the one of the sides of the glass.
Feeding it prawns wont cause this.

kelogz08

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2014
Queens, NY
I have seen forum using the antibiotics. I followed their instruction to have 500mg per 20 gallons. I dunno about the broke back because it has not been jumpy since i got the fish. I never fed it with live fish so it doesnt even know how to move fast and abrupt. But i will definitely consider your suggestions

thanks guys for replying

kelogz08

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2014
Queens, NY
i see. it is just weird because if it were to hit a hard surface like the hood or the glass, wouldn't it show damage on the fish as well? the body, scales, the head are still intact and flawless. My jardini is only 7 inches long

ascarbo27

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2014
tampa fl
it could have just tried to swim too fast and took too sharp of a turn or something, it doesnt have to be from jumping

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Its back may heal, fish can survive if it is... dont look broken to me though?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store