How to breed Altum Angels

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
We would like to try breeding Altum Angels.
I read that they have never been bred in captivity is this true. Or was the article I read just a little behind the times. There are Altum Scalare cross Angels for sale that are domestic bred. This would indicate that Altums will breed in captivity so why no pure breds. If it is possible does any body know how to do it or better yet has anyone here done it? If you have will you tell your secrets to success.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Ive seen f1 altums for sale so I know they have been bred before. How to do it I have no idea, but I cant imagine it would differ too much from breeding other wild type angels. Just need more space obviously. Good luck id love to see them become more common and less expensive. Not many fish can rival the beauty of a big altum

decoy50

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
VA
They have been bred quite a few times in captivity actually, but its still not a common occurrence. The most well known altum breeder that I can think of is Tony Tan. A vendor in the US sells quarter size F1 juvies for $100 each!

For more info look on Angelfish specific forums like Finarama.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
Have to agree Bryan closest we have had were 2 mature Mono's. Even they lack the color though. Thanks for the help all I was really hoping some one on here may have spawned them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store