Green terror eye problem.

donk232

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2011
fl
I'm in the middle of moving and am currently missing my water test kit, but this issue has been around for quite a while and isn't related to the move. I do admit I am a major noob and i have added countless things to the tank that could have brought about disease :(

Symptoms: dark eyelid looking film over the top of the eye, and a light sometimes unnoticeable film on his head in between his eyes. otherwise no signs of being ill.

as for perimeters, my ammonia and nitrates never go over 0 ppm and nitrites generally under 20 ppm. Ph is high 8-8.4 and the old location had hard water(current unknown). although the tank was moved last and nitrites did spike at 35-40 ppm with longer time in between water changes due to absenteeism. *currently doing 2-3 small water changes/week due to unknown parameters.

Tank is 125 G with a 55 G sump full of pot scrubbiers and luffas with a prefilter chamber and a 1800GPH pump driving it all.
Stock list:
Green Terror 6.5-7"
Feather Fin 8+"
Bichir 10-11"
Pet smart mystery knife fish 5-6"
1 Giant danio 3-4"
albino bristle nose catfish 2.5-3"

donk232

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2011
fl
anyone know what this is? i cant seem to find anything about eyes other then white/cloudy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store