Lizard Questions

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
No experience with this species but I have a red iguana, couple crested geckos, couple bearded dragons and about 6 months ago I had a frilled dragon and I can tell you that non 'newly/traditional' domesticated species of reptiles are pretty difficult to keep and handle!

For example my frilled dragon is somewhat rare and hasn't been domesticated long enough so he was just wild and basically spent 24/7 in a cage, without hours upon hours spent per day you cannot even try socialize a wild animal, let alone make It a friendly pet, and lizards of that family are fast, new to the hobby and little is known about their relative care!

If your new to cold blooded reptiles I highly suggest a more popular choice such as: iguanas or beardys, geckos also make a great choice as a pet but you must research for days and prepare their environment to make sure everything is adequate and stable!

From temperatures, humidity, basking spots, ultra violet bulbs, heat bulbs, vitamins, supplements, fresh veggies, fresh water, naturally decorated enclosures etc there is a lot to consider when wanting a reptile!

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title× <GET BETTER SCHUMI>

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
I had a male Liolaemus tenuis when I was a kid and just getting into keeping lizards. He was sold to me as a "Jeweled Swift" and lived for a few years but I never, ever saw another one of this species for sale since then.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store