Showing off my parrot

Paperlantern4

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2014
Maine
www.facebook.com
I'm the proud companion of a Green Cheek Conure named Chubby. He is incredibly intelligent and time consuming. I would recommend people do intensive research before acquiring a parrot as a pet. I did research for over a year and still felt unprepared when I finally brought him home. I wouldn't trade him for anything, though! :) Any other parrot owners here?

lovehim.jpgomnom.jpg

lovehim.jpg

omnom.jpg

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Haha awesome. I don't know about green cheeks but sun conures are the loudest parrots ever.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

TheNewSeverum

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2011
Winter Springs
Haha awesome. I don't know about green cheeks but sun conures are the loudest parrots ever.
I had a Sun for 7 years. I agree with you, but there are birds a lot louder than them. Try having a adult Moluccan Cockatoo scream right in your ear. That my friend is the definition of loud lol.

Paperlantern4

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2014
Maine
www.facebook.com
TheNewSeverum, your green cheek is absolutely adorable! How old is he/she? :)

Ehh, yes Suns tend to be incredibly loud. Chubby can be loud as well, but he doesn't scream too often so it sort of balances itself out ;). As pointed out, you haven't heard loud until you've had a cockatoo scream in your ear. It's enough to make your ears bleed :p

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Well this thread took an unexpected turn haha.

So are green cheeks not as loud as conures?

Paperlantern4

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2014
Maine
www.facebook.com
Ehh, Green Cheeks are Conures but they belong to the Pyrrhura genus along with the painted Conures and maroon bellies. They tend to be a bit less loud than the larger Aratinga Conures like the Sun Conure, Blue Crown, and Jenday. :)

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Sorry I know they're both conures. At the lfs I worked at all we carried were sun conures. Got in the habit of calling then conures haha.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store