man made short body silver aros

LuluB916

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2013
United States
I saw that as well. Made in China. It doesn't look good to me and disturbing. I don't see the appeal of a live chopped arowana. Geez, I would never understand the reasoning behind the Asian fish trade with all these short bodies, albino, platinum. It's a shame for breeders to put fishes through the extreme just to pocket out a few thousand dollars. Shame on the people who buy them too. I'm Asian and would never support the alteration of animals, unless if it happens naturally.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
web sites a scam, nothing legit about it what so ever.

fobrinkle

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
Michigan
Lets hope its a fake cause its disgusting.

rayluc

Candiru
MFK Member
May 25, 2005
mfk
there must be an abundant supply of albino silver in asia
[video=youtube_share;zfBGj0YslkU]http://youtu.be/zfBGj0YslkU[/video]

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
I hope he doesnt sell 1. Thats cruel and disturbing. Whats the other fish they do it to? Parrot?

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
I would take one (the pointy tail version not the one with the tail cut off). Except I wouldn't spend $600 on a fish. It is for people that want an arrowana but don't have room for 1000 gallon tank. I am all for miniaturizing fish, I am completely again morphs that cause issues for the fish (blood parrots, some fancy goldfish) or any animal.

Similar to dogs. I am all for people who like the looks of dobermans but cant have or don't want such a big dog they get min pins or pugs instead of mastiffs. but I am against breeding bulldogs with noses scrunched in so much they cant breath or "low rider" pits who have legs so bowed they can barely walk. As long as the specific trait bread for doesn't cause harm to the animal I am for it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store