Hello

aerosquid

Feeder Fish
May 29, 2014
United States
Hi all. I'm a long time fish keeper who watched his parents 20 long full of catfish, mollies and an angelfish or 2 as a child. in my teens i started keeping mbuna graduating to ever larger tanks. when i moved out on my own i no longer had the space to keep big tanks but i still kept a couple of 55s up for quite a while. i had some health issues in the 90s and downsized until i gave the hobby up for a while. bought my first home but it was small... too small for a decent tank. i ended up with a small marine aquarium that cost far more than my africans ever did!

well we sold the little house last year and I finally got one of my old 55s back from a family member. my new house had an entirely concrete basement with a built in floor drain (heh). So now i'm getting one 55 up and running after selling my marine stuff and going back to my freshwater roots. I've decided to keep an African Tanganyika tank. I'm working on getting a 125-300g tank soon as that 6' length has always been my dream. I've been reading this forum... forever it seems like. Like many i think the 55k/g tank thread pulled me in way back in 2005 or so lol. I finally decided to register here in hopes that i'll have some serious gallons in the near future.

I'm going to stick with Cichlids. They are what got me crazy about keeping fish. I want to get at least 120 gallons mbuna tank going. I've had my time with finger biting, cat harassing Oscars... I had a red one named Bob back in the day who was the meanest fish I ever met. He tried to drown my cat... no joke. Well the cat didn't think it was funny... i did.

Anyway, thanks for all the years of good reading and knowledge, i have absorbed much. Jeez sorry for the wall-o-text. i do tend to ramble on.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store