Longear sunfish swimming wierd

Leo1234

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
California
This year is like the health issue year in my tank... anyways, the longear is now swimming with its head looking down like if it was looking for something on the substrate, but it does this 95% of the time. It rarely swims normal and when it does, it is for about 5 seconds. I noticed it has this white- clear flap in its gills. I just did a 45% water change and dosed prazi pro. Anything I can do to save its life?

Leo1234

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
California
Is your tsn better? I'm just glad the longear sunfish didn't have to suffer anymore. The swim bladder infection looks painful and stressful. I think my other fish are happy since he was the king of the tank and told everyone what to do. I got my longear at 1.5-2in long. At least my other fish are healthy.

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Seems to be improving, but it hasn't ate in a while. Hopefully it does soon, so I can move it back to my main tank.

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
And that's goo to hear about your other fish. My tsn was the only one affected by it. I think he overindulged himself on shrimp, so I guess that's what greed gets you. Lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store