rustyspurs

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2009
ballynahinch n. ireland
Hi all,
I am thinking seriously about selling my tank,
What do u all think a fair price is for a 220 gallon plywood tank,
It has a 6x3 viewing window, 3ft water depth, 2 externals and all the other bits and pieces we gather up.
Heres a quick pic
[/URL]

coolkeith

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2005
Detroit
DIY plywood fish tanks usually don't really have any resale value. Maybe if you own an aquarium business and have a some kind of written guarantee that it won't leak, bust, or destroy the personal property of the buyer. You could probably sell it as a used reptile tank though. I'd just try to avoid any liability.

rustyspurs

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2009
ballynahinch n. ireland
I agree with u, people dont really want a 1200 litre water tank in their living room that someone else built.
I know it's well put together but they don't, can't say that I blame them either. The liability isn't an issue as the laws here in Ireland are pretty non existent, nothing like the US.
I think I'm gonna have to hang on to it as I'm not gonna get what I would consider a fair price, no big deal it's still a lovely tank :)

muttley000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
West Unity, OH
I think I would be in the same boat in just keeping it. The couple hundred bucks you could get out of it would be an insult considering the effort you have put into it.

rustyspurs

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2009
ballynahinch n. ireland
I'm just gonna forget about selling it,
Time for a total reboot,
I've kept pretty much everything in the hobby and I'm seriously thinking about heading back to the beginning, 220 gallon filled with cheap community fish.
I'll let u all know how it turns out with a pic or two.
Thanks for the replies :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store