cheap black tank background?

Death03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2014
Philippines
I'm looking for a cheap black background. I can't afford to paint it. I searched and discovered trash bags but I think it's a bit smaller for my 60g. other ideas? It has to cheap I don't have really much money haha

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
I'm not sure what's cheaper than paint. Assuming you had to buy a black tarp or black trash bags in a multi quantity size that'd be more. A sample size of black paint would be like $5.

I know my city has a recycling center where you recycle oils and stuff, but they also have a pile of half used paint jugs that are free (it's better to re use than recycle). If you have that you could likely get black paint for free.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Black poster board shouldnt be more than 2 bucks. But then again the black paint needed is probably only a couple bucks. Ive used spray paint and latex before, be very careful and clean well if you are going to spray

Death03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2014
Philippines
If I will paint it, will the paint be easily removed? one reason I don't wan't to paint is the hassle of painting and if i don't want the background, the hassle of removing it. Also I'm afraid to paint with my fish inside the tank

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The paint can probably be removed with some chemical or a Brillo pad but it's the background so why remove it?....Plasti dip is like a spray paint but you can peel it right off.

PhysicsDude

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2011
Dallas, TX
You can paint it with "Plastidip" Its like $5 a can at home depot, and 1 can will be plenty to cover your tank.

It forms a rubbery flat black layer that can be peeled off after it dries. Look up some videos on youtube, its pretty cool stuff. Lots of people use it on automotive paint and wheels and stuff; its very durable.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yep,plastidip.I already suggested it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store