Aro took flying lessons today. URGENT HELP PLEASE!

Young_Fish_Keeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2014
San Antonio, Tx.
Hey MFK, just about 30 min. ago, i was removing the canopy for my tank, considering it was just going to be a few minutes, i left the canopy off as i went to go prepare the food, when i then saw wings on the table and decided to have a quick snack lol, dumb me. After preparing the frozen food, i went to go grab the pellets from underneath the tank. As soon as i grabbed the pellets, a quick flop caused me to jump back, to find my Silver Arowana laying there, I panicked, this is my favorite fish, and i wasn't ready to lose him. i quickly grabbed him and started flowing him back and forth against the current on the tank, i felt sick looking at him, damaged, with dust all over his body, he quickly recovered and started swimming & gasping for air. He is now doing fine but i am still worried, to other Silver Aro owners, what should i expect over the next few days, swimming wise, eating, ect. any thing i should do to help? any help is greatly appreciated, thank you guys for your time.

Vincent Tran

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal
It's fine. I literally woke up because my arowana jumped on my face. It was only 4" at the time but I didn't realize that it was my fish that hit my face until I kept on hearing it flap against my hardwood floor. It must have been at least two minutes before I finally became aware enough to wake up and look down to see my arowana still under my bed covered in hair and dust(gross).

Young_Fish_Keeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2014
San Antonio, Tx.
lol thanks for the positive message man, yeah i felt the same seeing it all covered with webs & dust. :yuck:
i hope he makes it, looks pretty good right now.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I've had a 2' jardini bash my lid off and jump out , when I walked in the room I found him covered in dust not moving , I also panicked and put him back into the tank he sank like a stone :( after about 45mins to an hour of reviving him with filter outlet on gills and pulling him back and fourth in the tank he slowly started to regain strength eventually he kicked hard and was swimming around fine again , was a very lucky escape no idea how long he was there but I'm guessing I walked in right on time , he started eating again couple of days later , hope yours is OK keep us posted on your progress

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
He'll be just fine, I would just bump the temp up a bit and also some salt would be a good idea. Those two things and you're set, no need for any other medication.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
If they aren't dried out, eaten by a dog or run over with a car they will survive. They are mighty tough.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Great news :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store