Possible first diy tank

Skittle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2012
PA
Hi mfk, im making this thread to see if i can get opinions from other diy makers about my idea. This is based off of a deep sea aquatics tank i saw at my lfs. It is an open top rimless bowfront and corner tank. Then i would have a 3d backround coming out of the water and then the lights. I hope that these pictures help to understand. What do you guys think?
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1402197120.434288.jpg
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1402197942.407667.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Brobstfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2012
USA
Anyone know of somewhere i could order a custom peice of glass or acrylic that they would curve it into the shape i need?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
The price that it would cost to have a custom piece of acrylic cut and curved would cost much more than just buying the tank, not to mention the other supplies required to build the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
For a small bowfront DIY is just not practical, unless you can bend yourself. Even if you go full acrylic DIY gluing it doesn't save that much money (like 25% when I crunched the numbers, but the pros gets a discount on sheets of course).

Just buy a new one, if you want to save money buy a used one. If you want to make your own go rectangle.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store