Just bought my first fish tank and very excited to get started any advice?

xxUnRaTeDxxRkOxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Denver, CO.
Welcome to keeping freshwater!!!! Whatever you do, do not be like me lol, when I got my first aquarium I immediately started keeping a couple Red Belly Piranhas. Thankfully none of them died, but if I could go back I'd go with something else. Hmmm for a beginner, kind of depends on what catches your eye and what kind of idea you have for your tank.

Can you give us more insight of your tank, like what kind of filtration, kind of lighting, heating, etc.... this will help us in recommending which way to with your tank. Also what kind of tank do you have in mind?!?! For instance, are you wanting to go with a planted community tank, non planted aggressive cichlid tank, etc.....

Ninjouzata

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
Georgia, USA
Before you do anything, make sure the tank is cycled (I really, REALLY recommend a fish-less cycle). Is this a brand new tank or secondhand? If it is secondhand did you keep the filter media and did it recently have fish in it?

The questions unrated asked are important too, there are a lot of options for this size tank. :) Hope you enjoy it!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store