Foam in flower pot

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
So I finally talked my wife into throwing away this fake tree thing (I wanted the pot) well I ripped the tree out of the pot and it's all foam but it's like glued in how can I get all the foam out? Just knife sand paper and time? Is there something I can put in the pot to get rid of the foam but won't harm the fish?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
I'll have to post some in a cpl days I work a lot this week also is there some kind of paint I can paint over it since I don't know what the pot is made of? Like some kind of clear coat

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
It's probably that crappy urethane spray foam that they used to secure the fake tree in the pot; very difficult to remove, even using sandpaper and scrapers.

Is it a plain clay pot or a colored & decorated one?

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
It's possible that the pigments or glaze in the decorated pot aren't safe for submerged or aquarium use. If you really, really want to use the pot, you might want to consider sealing it with that special product used on the fish shows. I can't remember the name but someone is using it in the DIY forum to seal a DIY background.

pshtex

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2010
united states
i would say cut as much out, then scrape it, then maybe gasoline or acetone or some other type of solvent, but then the clay will prolly absorb some of the solvent and hold onto it for a time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store