Another aro rescue....

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
I've got to stop doing this to myself. Lol I picked up a 2 foot silver, which is massively thick, has bad drop eye, terrible colour, and cloudy eye. I brought it home last night and it went belly up before I had a chance to acclimate it, so I picked it up with my hands and held it infront of a powerhead for 2.5 hours before it finally started acting normally. I increased the temperature to about 88 and have added a teaspoon of salt per gallon. It is currently in the tank with the other rescued silver and they are getting along perfectly (thankfully!) lol. Where should I start with this aro? It has a fair bit of damage to its body from the previous home so I want to wait for it to heal up before I try to repair it's eyes. The first rescued aro's eye surgery went really well so I feel comfortable doing the same for this one. I've never had a fish with cloudy eye before. Should I just maintain pristine water conditions and see if the eyes heal on their own?image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Since cloudy eye is usually related poor water quality it should clear up after being in your tank with it's better conditions...if the eyes haven't been cloudy for very long.Sad that it was treated so poorly.

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Yea. I am just glad it didn't die during the move here. I would have felt terrible. I notice there is a bit of stringy cloudy stuff coming off the eyes. Is that a sign it is going away or is it a sign that it's worsening? It seems to me that the eye is clearer under where the eye is shedding.

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
It also has this dark coloration on a few of it's scales on it's back. Is it anything to be concerned about?image.jpg

image.jpg

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Another great jon
B. You did the only thing one could do which sas the powerhead thing.,kudus.

Give it time. All will heal. Let is slwoly accomodate and start eating.

Don't fret. You allready did it once.

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Thanks again everyone. I've never dealt with cloudy eye before, so I'm a bit worried for the fish. I've read that it can take up to two weeks to clear up. Is that true?

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Yep.or even more.

Those are cloudy eyes due to bad water quality, stress in transport,mand bumps in transport.

It will all clear out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store