bad advice

Montelboom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Maryland
Have you ever had to talk someone out of buying a 'monster fish' because the pet shop employee gave them bad advice?

I talked someone out of getting a rtc, arrowana and pacu for his 40 gal then then guy who worked there refused to assist me and told me "get them yourself"

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
I talked some guy out of getting some RTC for his 20 long "community" he was convinced they stayed 2 inches and was trying to tell me all kinds of things like you have a lot to learn kid and he also said oh I've been keeping fish for a year now I think I know what I'm doing I eventually broke out my phone and showed him a pic of my 2 foot RTC and he was in dis belief he at first said it was photoshopped but in the en he didn't end up getting any RTC or other monster fish instead he bought a single pictus cat which is also not good because they do best in schools but anyway it would rather see a single pictus catfish over an RTC in a 20 long any day

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Montelboom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Maryland
At a petco in Forestvile (I think I spelled it right) Maryland and that_fish_guy I did the same thing to both the customer and employee one was shocked the other well....butt hurt to put it lightly

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Sounds highly unlikely

Montelboom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Maryland
Sounds highly unlikely
actually that's not the first time someone at the store has gotten upset after I corrected them this incident was the second the first was if a ram cichlid got to 12 inches or more.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
I talked some guy out of getting some RTC for his 20 long "community" he was convinced they stayed 2 inches and was trying to tell me all kinds of things like you have a lot to learn kid and he also said oh I've been keeping fish for a year now I think I know what I'm doing I eventually broke out my phone and showed him a pic of my 2 foot RTC and he was in dis belief he at first said it was photoshopped but in the en he didn't end up getting any RTC or other monster fish instead he bought a single pictus cat which is also not good because they do best in schools but anyway it would rather see a single pictus catfish over an RTC in a 20 long any day
Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

You should've told me to come here! :d

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I just let them buy the fish but I give them my contact info as I'll take it off them cheap when it gets too big for their tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store