Ray Shipping questions

rayguy84

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
pennsylvania
Id like to start being able to ship the rays I'll have for sale .........advice?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MEDHBSI

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2011
Coquitlam BC
pure oxygen in the bag instead of just catching the air around, cover on stinger, hand warmer if its cold out, add prime to the shipping water, don't feed for 2 days before shipping to keep the poop down, and Maybe add a little bag of the food he/she has been eating.

rayguy84

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
pennsylvania
Any suggestions on where to get oxygen? Been searching with no luck

MEDHBSI

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2011
Coquitlam BC
Some old person with a tank :) I just know a guy who's got it here. Maybe find out about a location that you would fill this tanks up? Google?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
You don't need to buy a tank. Any welding supply outlet can provide you an O2 tank for a low fee (around here it's $8/tank). You just need to buy your own regulator which is available from the outlet or buy it like I did from ebay for a lower cost. Buying a tank is a waste since an empty tank is exchanged for a full tank. If you're not sure how to mount and use an O2 regulator, rent the whole package the 1st time and the outlet salesman will take you through the process.
DO NOT LOOK FOR MEDICAL GRADE OXYGEN. This purer form of O2 is more expensive and requires a doctor's prescription to get the O2. All lfs that use O2 get their tanks from welding supply outlets. The most common size tanks used in lfs are 80 cu/ft tanks. I shipped using a 40 cu/ft tank that lasted me for a good long time between tank swaps.

rayguy84

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
pennsylvania
Thank you so much for the advise that hadn't even occured to me to go to a welding supply outlet

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Yeah, when I transport long range, I get a bottle from a welding shop. I have an O2 regulator I bought from Aquatic Eco-Systems awhile back that has never failed me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store