My Latest Pups (Hystrix x Aparicio hybrids)

dxdx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
NJ, USA
My female aparicio ray got pregnant right after she gave birth in late February. I figured she would give birth sometime in July but I was off by a month.

The funny thing is, my wife and I have 2 young kids so we never go to concerts anymore, but we were out Sunday night, and the babysitter texted my wife and said 'your stingray just had 5 babies'. So, of all the nights I sit by the tank watching tv hanging out, it had to be the one of the rare nights we go out and the babysitter gets to see them being born.

Anyway, the 5 pups are healthy and doing great. I didn't check fully, but I can tell from size color and pattern that there are 4 females and one male.

For some reason my e-mail didn't come through with the pics. I'll try to get them together and update the thread tomorrow, but here is a teaser pic. And I've separated the mother with the pups so she doesn't get pregnant so quick this time.

Hystrix father x Aparicio mother, second litter 5 healthy pups:

IMG_1253.JPG

IMG_1253.JPG

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Funny how things work out like that. But did you guys finish the date night or rush home?
Congrats on the pups.

dxdx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
NJ, USA
WOW Dx! Congrats! How long do you keep them before you sell?
Thanks man, I appreciate it! Last time about 2 months, but I will try to get them out a little quicker this time. Chopping up worms multiple times a day gets old quick.

Funny how things work out like that. But did you guys finish the date night or rush home?
Congrats on the pups.
I know it was really strange, we go out maybe 3 times a year! I wasn't going to rush home, the concert was just getting started!

KeefO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
Royersford, pa
Congrats on the litter and on taking a picture where all the pups were in a perfect line! I can't get my 2 kids to do that and somehow you got all 5 pups to do it! Well done!

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Congrats!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store