DIY Chiller

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
Has anyone built one before and how well did it work? I am looking to make mine out of a mini fridge and I've read a lot about how to make them and stuff but really haven't read about any results from them. Any help would be appreciated.

ficodom

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
United States
I just saw this and started scrolling through the forum. Hope this helps!
[video=youtube;n5s8Cu59-NM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5s8Cu59-NM[/video]

cypherljk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2009
The queen city
I was looking into that when I brought a chiller earlier this summer. It was a lot more efficient for the money to buy one. DIY chillers do not seem to be well done and cool enough unless you are a an A/C tech or fridge repairman and have serious parts laying around. The ones where you route the water through a small fridge do not cool enough.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Friend of mine spent about a month making one from a water dispenser he bought. Didnt end up wprking well enough so he bought one and wasted a bunch of money on parts he didnt use

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
Thanks for the replys thats what I ended up reading about them. Guess I will fork the money up. I did also read that the ones that go through the fridges will actually heat the water instead of cool due to some type of scientific thing with engery being converted to heat.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store