Here is my 300DD.... Overstocked already?

TRENT

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2007
OREGON
Tank has been up for about a month. I did a fishless cycle on the media in a Brute can a month prior. Overall pretty happy with it. Water is still a little cloudy. I think it is going thru a mini cycle. The tank is 6x3x2 (LWH) and sump 4X2X2. For filtration I have 20L of pond Matrix in the sump, filter socks, Two large sponges and a Eheim 2262 with 15L of Substrat Pro, 2L of Ehfifix and some filter pad to top it off.

I know I moved too fast on stocking it but made a trade and fish needed moved ASAP. Stocked with Peacock Bass, Clown Knife, Jardini and a Motoro (Male). I have my eye on one more Motoro (Female).

Do you think my tank is overstocked already or do I have room for the Female Motoro as soon as the tank stabilizes?

Here are a few pictures of what I have going on. Any suggestions appreciated.

xaenali

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2014
Pakistan
What about removing clown knife and then ad the motoro.....but remember the rays will need the big tank sooner then you planned....!!

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
I've had a 300 long stocked with twice as many fish as that ranging from 14-24" with good filtration and water changes, you are fine.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
I had well over 2x that in my old 500 with no problems and similar sump but no eheim. I say you are fine to add more fish as long as they get along. Love that setup I might be a bit jealous.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I love the DD tanks. Just can't get them into my house.

TRENT

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2007
OREGON
Thank you guys for the advice. I have been away from FW for way to long. The DD is my favorite tank so far. BUT never big enough. We'll I will wait a few more weeks till the tank stabilizes more.

The Female Motoro is about 10"-12" in a standard 55, sad sight. I will get a picture. Looks way stressed out. :( thanks again

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
Hey buddy, back in the freshwater side of things? I may be selling the 72x24" background out of my 225, would look pretty sweet. Hit me up sometime. I don't think you're overstocked yet by MFK standards. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store